“In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea and saying, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.’ This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: ‘A voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.'” (Matthew 3:1-3)
“There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light [Jesus] that gives light to every man was coming into the world.” (John 1:6-9)
JOHN THE BAPTIST ARTWORKS
John the Baptist Artworks (JTBA) is a ministry that began in 2003 and testifies of Jesus Christ through art, music and the spoken word. The purpose of the ministry is three-fold:
1) To testify to all people of Jesus Christ the Savior, the One sent by God to redeem us from our sin and its consequences. Just like John the Baptist, JTBA speaks a message of turning away from sin and placing faith in Jesus Christ as Savior from sin that we may experience the joy of knowing God personally, the joy of being forgiven and the joy of assurance that we will spend the rest of eternity with him in heaven (See “Message“).
2) To warn all people, both unbelievers and believers, to be prepared for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Just like John the Baptist preached a message of repentance to ‘”Prepare the way for the Lord” at his first coming, so JTBA preaches a message of repentance so that we may all be ready for his Second Coming: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.” (Matthew 3:2). (See “Gallery: Signs of The Times Series“).
3) To encourage believers into deeper intimacy with God and to forsake empty religiosity, which can supplant and deceptively masquerade as an intimate relationship with Christ. Just like John the Baptist urged the Pharisees to, “Produce fruit in keeping with repentance” (Matthew 3:8) , so JTBA pleads with believers to flee from all practices of “christian” religion (even evangelical “churchianity”) which do not have the experience of intimacy with Christ as its ultimate goal or final outcome. The ministry of JTBA seeks to challenge and encourage all believers into pursuing a deeper, more passionate and intimate relationship with Jesus. (See “Gallery: John The Baptist Artworks Series“).
My artwork is a record of the journey on which God has personally taken me over the years and so speaks of him as Savior, Lord, Friend, Teacher, Guide, Refuge, Strength, Deliverer, Comforter, Healer and many other things. It is my prayer for all viewers that God will communicate something of his invisible but very real existence and workings through my visual artwork. Some artwork on this site is commissioned work.
Nearly every weekend I outreach with my artwork at Salamanca Market, selling it and speaking with those intrigued by it. Weather permitting, I also work live on my easel. Situated in the international port city of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, the market attracts up to 25,000 visitors each Saturday from scores of different nations on every continent. The open-air market runs every Saturday (8:30am – 3pm) year round and features 300+ stalls of Tasmania’s finest arts, crafts, woodwork, produce, wine, etc. as well as local buskers and entertainers. As a casual stallholder, I am allocated a different site every week. I post my Salamanca Site number on John the Baptist Artworks’ Facebook page each week. (*If you do not have Facebook, I am usually found across from St. David’s Park within the first 20 stalls down the hill from Davey Street.)
God longs to have a close, personal relationship with each one of us that continues throughout eternity. I met the Lord in 1997, and he has radically changed my life since then. He took me–empty, broken and searching for meaning and truth–and filled me with the joy of knowing him and daily experiencing him (See “About The Artist“). Learn how to enter into a relationship with God through “Message“.
IS GOD REAL?
Finding the truth about God is the most important issue of our lives, for it affects our eternal destiny. “Is God Real?” features some of the most frequently asked questions about God, Jesus and the Bible. I have provided brief answers as well as links to webpages and videos for further study.
Many witnesses from a myriad of different backgrounds, cultures and nations share their own personal journies of how they met the Living God. Their Salvation Testimonies are fascinating, encouraging and insightful for all those who are searching for truth and who really want to find and know God.
ALL PROFITS GO TO CHARITIES
JTBA is a ministry that sends ALL profits beyond operating expenses to the following Christian organizations:
Barnabas Fund www.barnabasfund.org
Samaritans Purse www.samaritanspurse.org
Support firstly goes towards my outreach at Hobart’s popular Salamanca Market. To see my Statement of Faith, which undergirds my ministry, please see Image Use Policy. All profits beyond these operating expenses are donated to these two major international Christian charities.
It is such a joy for me to partner with others, through the sales of my artwork, to give to those who are most in need. Thank you to all who support JTBA and the ministries we give to through your purchases and donations.
I am often asked which charities we give to and for what purposes. My answer is below:
Money has been donated to:
–Supporting native pastors in the Middle East and Central Asia
–Bible training courses for evangelists in Central Asia
–Emergency relief aid during natural disasters
–Aid and supplies for the persecuted Church, victims of violence: Syria, Middle East, Nigeria
–A mobile hospital in war-torn Iraq
—A generator for a radio station in Chad
—Supplies for Eritrean Christian Refugees
—A girls’ home in Kenya, providing refuge for girls at risk from traditional African religions and genital mutilation
—Support for Christian converts from Muslim backgrounds
—Support for persecuted, impoverished Christians in Islamic environments
–Rescuing Syrian and Iraqi Christians fleeing from Islamic State, helping them immigrate to Europe
Money has been donated to:
–Bio water filters in Southeast Asia
—Bio water filter mold, which enables communities to make thousands of their own Bio Water Filters
–Rescuing and rehabilitating girls and women from prostitution and the sex industry in Southeast Asia
—Rescuing and caring for enslaved children
—Toilets and Hygiene training
John the Baptist Artworks is now on Facebook.
Here are some of the features:
1) I have created an Album called “Encourage Somebody”, which features 40 different pieces of artwork with Scriptures, which you can Share with a friend to encourage him or her.
2) A few times a week I post an “Artwork in Focus”, which is a selected piece of artwork and my personal comments about it, which I have not otherwise shared.
3) I post SALES.
4) I post where I will be each week at Salamanca Market (along with a map), as I am in a different spot each Saturday.
5) I also make occasional posts on “Most Recent Artwork and Works in Progress”, so you can get a sneak peak on my newest work and my upcoming art pieces as they develop. I also occasionally post sketches of ideas which may never become finalized drawings and paintings and thus will most likely never be posted on my website (this is becoming more common now that I have a small child).
6) I also have a few albums, including Artist’s Favorites, which feature 10 pieces of artwork and my personal comments on them, which I do not share elsewhere.
Due to the time demands of being a full time mum running a full time ministry, I cannot personally respond to all comments and questions on Facebook. However, Caroline, a kind volunteer, monitors JTBA’s Facebook comments and helps where necessary. If you would like a personal response from me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I always personally answer all my emails in a timely manner. Thanks for understanding.